Tuesday, May 17, 2011

We are now on our way to Germany, finally. We planned on staying in Stockholm for a few nights and ended up staying for eight days. We really enjoyed Stockholm. It has its own feel there. You can say we met some new friends there and experienced things only in Stockholm. I was able to meet Gustav who owns the worldwide sites M5board.com and GTboard.com. He gave us a tour around Stockholm in his new BMW M3 which really made my day!!! One of my favorite bands is also from Stockholm, Blindside. So I checked to see if they might be playing a show while Im in town. And they were, playing their first show since their new record that was released last week. What a coincidence! It was a show on a cruise boat with a few other bands. So I bought my ticket the day of the show and started walking towards the port. I arrived a few hours early and saw the band standing in line which made the perfect opportunity to meet them. The look on their faces when I told them I came from Florida was priceless. Had a great time chatting with them and even talked about cars, perfect. We boarded the ship and watched an incredible performance by them just like old times. Before we left the ship the next day, I caught up with Christian (the singer) and he invites me to his church on Sunday and tells me his 1yr old son is getting dedicated and I should come... This is one of those moments you think to yourself "is this really happening". I felt like a friend after meeting his family. This whole experience made my trip :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that all this happened for you...coincidences are God's way of remaining anonymous :)

    ReplyDelete