Wednesday, April 13, 2011

So it was definitely a little more difficult than we thought meeting in London from different planes from different airports........ I didnt have a phone and finding wifi for my computer was hard to find. The place where we were going to stay at originally cancelled on us last minute, so I had to find a place before Danny's plane landed so I could email the address to him.... I couldn't believe how busy London is, every place was booked and I had to beg the manager of this hostel to let Danny stay as well after he arrived.
 The hostel worked out great, nice showers and friendly staff. It was our first hostel stay, and was very interesting. I stayed in a different room than Danny. My room had 3 different bunk beds and was shared by 4 other guests who were all very nice. Danny's room had 3 triple bunks (if that makes any sense). We had to check out this morning because the rest of the week is booked!!!! This town is very busy, its like a upscale New York City.
 So after walking around today, we met a guy who works for Citi bank and offered us to stay at his place. So he gave us the key to his condo and said we can take our time in the morning after he leaves for work and lock up and put the key in the mail box. I wish there were more people like this in the world....

5 comments:

  1. Love this! It's so great to read about your adventures and see some photos. The London Eye! London is pretty busy....don't forget to look right at the crosswalks (thank goodness for the arrows on the road that tell you)...that takes getting used to :) Can't wait to read about what you see next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it is really weird when crossing a street.... I cant get use to it so I just look back and forth like an idiot when crossing :) hopefully driving is easier, cant wait

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I did the same thing. Just give it another day or so and it will seem totally normal that everyone drives on the left. :) It will help when you start driving. When and where are you getting a car? Have a fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. there are. open you eyes and see... there are plenty of people out there who share the love :)

    check this guy out during your travels
    http://chrisguillebeau.com/

    ReplyDelete